Saturday 19 January 2013

Welcome Home Mummy!

It's been a week of illness for me. Not keeping too well at the moment due to catching a cold/flu bug (the downside of working with children for a living). I managed to go to work but it was a real struggle. I am feeling better today which is just as well because being a mum to a toddler equates with no sick leave.

I have to give him credit this week though, he has been very sweet and well behaved. I think he must feel sorry me! He has started to welcome me when I come from work which is really heart warming. He runs to me as soon as he clocks me coming in, he gives me the biggest bear hug and kiss. Moving his head back from mine a few inches, he looks me straight in the eye with this beautiful smile, which I call his 'love look'. It's like he's seeing me for the first time. Then he says "Love you Mummy, I've missed you, Did you have a nice day being a school girl?"



As much as I go on (and on) about hating working full time, the benefit is the welcome I get when I come home. I think that it makes us both appreciate the time we spend with each other and make the most of the time we have.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah MacFarlane19 January 2013 at 10:44

    Gorgeous photos Claire and what a lovely way to be welcomed home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, this is a really lovely post Claire. See, this is something I don't get much of being a SAHM. MC gets sick of me ;) 

    These are really gorgeous photos xx

    p.s. Hope you're feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely photos and so nice when they tell you they love you !  You have it recorded for posterity now on your blog. 

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments . . .